We are delighted to announce the stories that have been selected for this year’s charity anthology, which is supporting Indigo Volunteers. The title of the anthology is No Good Deed, which comes from a story donated by Liz Drayer through the open submission process.
Our thanks go to all 118 writers who sent stories for consideration and we are sorry not to be able to include you all.
The stories that will appear in the anthology alongside the authors who have donated already, are:
- Between The Cracks by Laura Besley
- Blue Swing by Matty Bannond
- Bufo Bufo by Johanna Robinson
- Charity Ends at Home by Louise Mangos
- Citreon Sid by Briony Collins
- Climbing Wall by Rosie Garland
- Cooking Chicken in Kentucky by Reshma Ruia
- Dancing Crimson by Claire Davis
- Fly By Night by Anne Hamilton
- No Good Deed by Liz Drayer
- Pure Lucky by Anne O’Leary
- Say When by Nicola Humphreys
- Seedlings by W.T. Paterson
- The Opera Singer by Terry Sanville
- What We Talk About When We Talk About Owls by Judy Darley
We have chosen a selection of stories that have used the theme Help in many different ways, some of them very unexpected, to put together an anthology that will make readers laugh, cry and think more compassionately about the people and creatures they share the planet with. We very excited to bring the anthology to you later this year and hope you will enjoy all these stories as much as we have.
More details of the book and the launch party coming soon…